Friday, September 17, 2010

I Heart Cobbler

















This one is made with fresh local peaches from the farmers market. That's a simple cream biscuit recipe on top. The secret is lemon juice + zest and a little almond extract. And of course served with fresh whipped cream!

 I thought it was yummy, but I was most pleased when a dear southern friend (he says things like "my rig" and "two shakes"), a cook and an authority on peach cobblers, said it was "pretty darn good." That is, for a yankee like me.

2 comments:

  1. Love the hearts! You inspired me, but I wasn't sure what recipe to use so I found one at http://www.theglobaljewishkitchen.com/2010/07/13/nectarine-and-ginger-cream-biscuit-cobbler/ that I really liked. The technique of precooking the fruit seemed like a good idea, and I really liked the unexpected crunch of the crystallized ginger in the dough.

    ReplyDelete