Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Starlite Star Bright

When I first moved to Austin the restaurant Starlite had just shuttered. I never like to see any business go down, but I hadn't had time to grow attached so I was mostly worried about the amazing star on top of the building itself - and selfishly, the view of it from my apartment.























When Frank opened, I was quickly reminded why I fell in love with Austin in the first place - the excitement of so much newness with a reverence for history and what came before.























And the contrasts. New and old, high and low, sleek and quirky. And the Texas sky which really is bigger than anywhere else. Not to mention the amazing hotdogs now.

Frank
407 Colorado Street, Austin, TX
512-494-6916
www.hotdogscoldbeer.com

1 comment: