Saturday, June 5, 2010

Ma

Today I toured a Ma modular home by local design/build firm KRDB. I'm impressed! Sometimes modular homes have a smushed, thin, tinny feel but this one is well-proportioned (luxuriously huge bathrooms!) and exceptionally sturdy. And at $125-$140/sq foot, definitely an option I'd consider.

This was not a model home, nor did it have the predictable DWR/Ikea/West Elm mash up you usually see in like homes. I adored the decor which was quirky and personal, full of the owners' art and book collections. A little rough around the edges which made me love it more, a welcome contrast to the crisp simple lines of the prefab. 

















I love mixing and matching dining room chairs and this is such a sweet group. I thought it was a great idea to paint an otherwise plain oak (pine?) table a crisp white. 

















And I love a kilim rug no matter what.























Such a creative solution for a kitchen window with a not-so-great view.


No comments:

Post a Comment