Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wild West

Fredericksburg, TX was nothing like what I expected - not your average quaint German tourist town. It is quaint and plenty German, mixed with amazing historic stone buildings that look like a facade out of an old Western.













I was also impressed with the offerings. I knew it is a destination for antiques shoppers which is why I was there too, but the quality, selection, merchandising and general professionalism rivaled any bigger town retail experience. But much friendlier.













This is the exterior signage for Red, one of my favorite finds. A retail space fashioned out of a service station, with a crisp funky combination of vintage and new. 

I especially loved Red's fabrics and vintage lighting.

A beautiful (original?) tile floor in a kitchen supply store.

I stopped by this perfect bakery called Rather Sweet, Too. (Shocker for anyone who knows me!) Such handsome cases, a beautifully restored old freezer in the back and cases full of enormous, delicious treats. I had a cranberry oatmeal cookie with icing on top.


More details of my favorite finds to follow. In short, two thumbs up for Fredericksburg.

Red
307 East Main, Fredericksburg, TX
830-990-0700

Rather Sweet, Too
251 East Main Street, Fredericksburg, TX
830-992-3620

1 comment: