Sunday, June 6, 2010

Power

I've always had a thing for industrial buildings and facades, especially power plants. I remember there is a gem of a power plant in Seattle that I'd go out of my way to drive past. Austin's Seaholm Power Plant rivals the best of them.














A solid, handsome structure that communicates reliability and, well, power.

















The signage especially caught my attention. Look at the lightening bolt and the word "POWER" over the awning!














And the unique "Moderne" graphics that illuminate red at night.













It's a relic from another era and a beacon from Cesar Chavez on the approach East into downtown.

















This is a recent addition just within the past couple months. I'm not sure if it's considered an art installation or someone's idea of a fun, tricked out picnic area, but it's cool.























It has an oversized Alice In Wonderland feel to it. And a metal doily tablecloth!























Deets for the diehards.

No comments:

Post a Comment